Meeting Dates: April 6 - 8, 2014
|Omni Hotel New Have at Yale|
|155 Temple St.|
|New Haven, Connecticut 06510|
|Tel: (203) 772-6664|
|Fax: (203) 974-6777|
- Single - $169.00
- Double - $169.00
Please call Omni Reservations at 1-800-THE-OMNI (800-843-6664) and mention you are with the Association of VA Surgeons.
Reservation deadline: March 14, 2014 (HOTEL IS ALMOST SOLD OUT)
New Haven Hotel
229 George Street
New Haven Connecticut, 06510
Reservations or call 800-644-6835
Room Rates: $144.00 per night
Please call before March 21st to get the group rate.
Fitness and Leisure
- Complimentary full-service health club
- Get Fit Kit available at front desk
- Nearby championship golf courses
- Scenic walking and jogging paths nearby
- Public beaches are a short drive from the hotel
- The Power of One ® - Excellence in Service
- Business center open 24 hours
- Check cashing
- Dry-cleaning and laundry service (same day)
- Express check-in/check-out
- Full-service restaurant
- Guest room dining
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room fitness
- Omni Sensational Kids Program
- Pets under 25 lbs. allowed ($50 non-refundable cleaning fee)
- Post/parcel service
- Safe deposit boxes located at front desk
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Transportation and Parking
- On-site valet ($25 per night) and covered self-parking ($20 fee includes in/out privileges)
- Van, truck and bus parking available off-site
- Nearby car rental agency
CRITICAL CARE ULTRASOUND WORKSHOP
Workshop Leader: Ricardo Martinez-Ruiz, MD., Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Surgery.
Chief, Surgical ICU, VA Medical Center, Attending Physician, Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Division, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami,Florida.
This is a 4 ½ hour critical care ultrasound workshop utilizing focused lectures, hands-on training with live models, simulators, and state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment. This course is designed to teach the participant the fundamentals of bedside critical care ultrasonography including: basic surface ultrasound views of the heart, lungs, and pleural space using views outlined in the Focused Assessed Transthoracic Echo (FATE) exam. The immediate goal of workshop is for the participants to be able to utilize bedside surface ultrasonography as a diagnostic tool for the evaluation of patients with hemodynamic instability and/or respiratory failure in the perioperative setting.
Learner Objectives: After participating in this activity, the learner will be able to: 1) Describe and demonstrate basic surface ultrasound views of the heart, lungs, and pleural space; (2) Discuss and demonstrate the use of transthoracic ultrasound in pleural and lung assessment, including pleural effusions and pneumothorax; (3) Discuss and demonstrate a basic ultrasound assessment of ventricular volume, the pericardial space, and intravascular volume; (4) Describe and demonstrate the use of ultrasonography for the evaluation of a patient hemodynamic instability.
Click on the links below to access the program schedule:
Space is limited so please sign up as soon as possible. There is no cost if you are registered to attend the AVAS meeting. Registration is included in the main registration page.